12 Jan How to differentiate yourself from the competition
This phrase appears often in articles telling you how to make yourself stand out from the competition, but it is often easier said than done.
For the approximately 12,800 private hire operators in England, it can often seem like a saturated market which makes it hard to truly be unique. However, you don’t need to do things such as sticking pink moustaches on the front of your cars or offering huge discounts on special occasions.
Customers will remember the firm who treated them best, and this will make you stand out from the competition. Although if you’re prone to fun gimmicks then these never hurt!
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you stand out from the competition
- Allow your personality to shine through
- When marketing your firm or interacting with customers, let your kindness, wit, or light-hearted side shine through!
- Your branding is also indicative of your firm’s personality, so get a customer-facing app, courtesy of Zoom, which can be customised to display this.
- Nurture your relationships
- Talk to your customers, ask for advice and constantly be improving your service.
- Word of mouth is crucial in the taxi industry, and doing the above is a sure way to encourage your customers to recommend you to their friends.
- With excellent customer service, you’re sure to be the first choice for a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend!
- Have the most efficient and easy to use system in your area
- There are many operators in each town and city of England. Make sure you stand out with an efficient dispatch system and easy to use passenger apps, such as Zoom!
- Consider finding the niche in the market
- This is a high risk, high reward strategy.
- Look carefully at the market that you have come to know so well. See if there are any areas in which you cater for especially well. Then focus your efforts here.
- This can be anything from students to pets, to airport transfers.
For a simple way to make help your firm be above and beyond the others, consider Zoom!
Contact us for more information.